The following checklist will be handy as you prepare your materials for submission.
Text Hard Copy
- Please mail a double-spaced and page-numbered printed copy of the text.
Text digital files
- Include only the most recent version of each file. Erase any outdated or extraneous files.
- Name chapter files by number.
- If your text contains unusual characters such as non-roman or mathematical symbols, provide a complete list plus fonts.
Include all parts of your manuscript. The parts of a complete manuscript are:
- Title page
- Table of contents page
- Any front matter to be included, such as a preface, introduction, acknowledgments, dedication, and/or list of abbreviations
- The complete main body of the text (including all chapters)
- Any back matter to be included, such as appendices, a glossary, and/or a list of illustrations credits
- Bibliography or reference list (consult documentation guidelines)
- Captions list for illustrative material
Inventory of files
- Please provide a separate list of files included with your text.
- If you intend to include maps, please indicate how many, and of what sort.
- Please consult your Acquisitions Editor before creating any maps yourself.
- If you are commissioning the press to produce maps, provide a rough template and a label list for each one.
- Please consult your Acquisitions Editor about how many images to provide.
- Consult press artwork guidelines to provide prints or scans of an acceptable quality.
- Provide a complete photocopy set of all illustrative material.
- Provide a list of all photographs submitted, indicating which ones are the most essential and which ones you consider optional.
- Please provide a file containing a caption for each image, plus credit information (source and acknowledgement).
- Please provide each figure (graph, diagram) in a separate file, labelled and with a corresponding hard copy.
- Provide each table in a separate file, labelled and with a corresponding hard copy.
Text and image permission
- Consult the press permission guidelines.
- Provide a complete file of permissions correspondence and indicate if any are outstanding.